Wednesday 17 November 2010

'I am with much news, which I shall now birth.'


Miranda stumbled clumsily back onto our tellies this week. I looked at it last series and thought, this looks a bit daft for me but I caught the final few episodes and just fell in love with Miranda. I don't normally like clowning, I find it too awkward to watch but she does it so well and she is so endearing; mounting the conveyerbelt of a sushi restaurant when her 'trinkity' necklace gets stuck in it was definitely the highlight of the episode for me.

'The New Me', sees Miranda attempting to reinvent herself and move on from dreamy (oh my goodness, he is so dreamy) Gary, who's gone off to Hong Kong. Unfortunately, as she tells Stevie, 'The new me is currently worse than the old me'. Having against all odds ('I farted in front of him, blamed it on an imaginary dog and sung in his face') hooked-up with the chef who has replaced Gary, hunky American Danny (you know, Jimmy out of the New Adventures of Superman, took me ages to figure that out, you're welcome), things seem to be improving for Miranda: power walking, trainers with skirts, home-made muffins, crossword savy etc. but then- DUN! DUN! DUN! Gary's back (yas!) and she ends up on the floor with a table full of food on top of her. The old Miranda's back.

It's nice to have some old fashioned silliness back on the telly, driven by Miranda Hart's warm and lovable lead. I normally say this sarcastically but in this case I am serious - oh my sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment